Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines

For all you sappy couples out there, Happy Valentines day. I, on the other hand, am not really one of those; one day a year sappy type people. NO... not me! Nope, I like to be sappy all year long! So when V day comes around Chet and I usually don't ever plan much. I think there was one year we actually had a plan with friend of mine and her hubby. Then when she found out that Chet had bought a gun for me that day, it kinda threw her off. (she has no use for guns, poor thing) It was still fun though.
Anyway, We just don't plan things for Valentines Day, this year was no exception. At the last minute, I told Chet we should take the kids and go to breakfast at Doug & Emmy's. Yum! I love their scones!
Megan had traded out her schedule for today where as she had a date, and Ford isn't dating or working yet, so he had no plans, so we went to breakfast.
After breakfast we just went home and had a mostly typical Saturday, only not as much running around as usual?! Chet and I went out to pick up a few things, and then came home to get some dinner. We had decide, without the knowledge of the kids that we would eat at home, (save a couple bucks) and just go out for Ice Cream later.
Cold Stone has some very wonderful things that will be assured to add a couple inches to the waist line, but that is where we went. I don't know about all of their stores, but the store in Layton, has only about 4 tables for patrons to sit at after they get their Ice Cream. (Dumb I think, but what do I know they seem to be busy ALL the time.) Anyway, we managed to get a seat just as a rush of people came through the door. (Whew! That was good timing for us :) ) I have said that we love to watch people, and Cold Stone is no different, there was an interesting array of people there tonight. This one couple in particular came in all dressed up, like they had been to a dance. The girls dress caught every ones attention, strapless and short. It is cold out side and all I could think was that she was crazy! To make a sort of long story short, we invited them to share our table with us, because there was nowhere else for them to sit. It is never easy to sit with someone you don't know, but I am so glad we invited them to sit with us. We had a really good time visiting with them. When we first told them they could sit by us, the poor guy looked like he would rather do anything BUT sit with us, but since there where no other options, his date took us up on the offer. They turned out to be coming from Clearfield Highs "Valentines Dance". She was graduated and goes to school up at Weber State, but He is a senior this year. We were talking and I told her she had beautiful eyes, and her date got all excited and said "see!" turned to me and said "I tell her that all the time! I love her eyes!" He was so cute about the whole thing, and she said, "ok... So I know it's kinds cheesy, but look what I got today!" and she put her left hand up on the table, so we could admire her new promise ring. She said she was just so excited and wanted to share it with someone, but she had already told her Mom, so she told us. They were really cute together, we visited with them a little while longer, then wished them the best. As we turned to leave, I heard her say to him, "Now aren't you glad we sat here! " With a huge smile on her face. I couldn't tell you their names, I forgot to ask.
I hope, that they can, in their time together, have as much love, respect and Fun as Chet and I have, and I also hope they are strong enough to weather any storms that will come their way. I remember young love, and I have to say I am glad for mature love!
Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Kati said...

Great story, Jana - and I whole heartedly agree about the "mature" love thing - SOOO much better than the stuff I thought was love in my teens. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Emily said...

I love the story! Happy new gun to you! I think Jason wanted to do the same thing, but only for a second. Next time you guys go to cold stone, drag us along!

Jana and Family said...

I will for sure! The only thing is we are definately fly by the seat of the pants kind of people and a lot of times there is NO plan, we just end up doing stuff..... Know what I mean? We should for sure make a plan to go though.

Emily said...

We can so handle the "fly by the seat of your pants" way! That just means that we may have 2 little kiddos that will make you thankful you are out of that stage of life right now! Seriously, call us!