Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shoshone Falls










So today was Fathers day, and we decided to go on an adventure! :) We picked up Chet's Dad & Mom and headed to Idaho. Idaho? You might say. To that I would say Yes! There are so many beautiful places in Idaho and I love going there.
(This sideways picture by the way wouldn't turn and that is why it is sideways.) My cousin told me about a month ago, that Shoshone Falls was flowing really high this year, and we haven't been there since the kids were little so we decided today was a good day to go. Last time we were there Chet's parents were there with us, so it was fitting that they went with us today.
On the way there it started to rain. Not hard really but very steady. I was hoping and praying that when we got there, it would clear up even if for just a little bit. Prayers work! By the time we got there, though it was really cloudy and it did rain a fine mist on us a little bit, it cleared up long enough for us to enjoy a good hike. After words we went to grab a bite to eat, and just about the time we were finishing lunch, it not only started to rain, it started to POUR!!
It continued to rain on us just about the whole drive home. Clearing up about the time we hit Ogden. Such a good day! I love spending time with my family!!! I love them so much and I am so glad Chet's parents came with us to enjoy the day as well.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh! That is so pretty! I want to go...I'll have to remeber to talk to Tige about that!

Emily said...

Looks like fun. You were missed yesterday. I hope that Chet has has a great father's day!

Mary Ann said...

Good for you! I need to spend more time with my family! It's great that you are building memories. I love the comparison pictures too.

Kati said...

LOVE THIS!!! The comparison pics are great and those falls are gorgeous! You'll have to let us know how to get there - I'd love to take the kids.