Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another garden post











So we just got home from St George today, and I would be lying if I said I didn't give my garden a thought while I was there. I have been fighting the squash bugs quite a bit and I was afraid that when I got home all of my beautiful plants would be shriveled and dead.

We did end up having a happy ending though! Yay for good spray and blessed eyes to see where the eggs have been laid. When I got home not only did the plants look great, they have grown just in the few days I have been gone!

When I was younger I never thought I would ever even think about planting a garden, and didn't understand the joy Mom & Dad seemed to get from doing so. Now that I am older and have planted my own garden for several years I can totally see why they gained such joy and fulfillment from planting and tending a garden! Thanks Dad & Mom for showing me that a garden can be so much more than just a lot of work! You taught me this and so much more!
I was getting quite dark when I took these pictures but it lets you see just how big the tomato plants are getting.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are such the little farmer! Your garden is beautiful! And tasty!