Sunday, August 30, 2009

Now we're cookin!




Ok, So this isn't the first of our canning this year, but it is the first I am blogging it. This is Spaghetti Sauce. I started it Saturday afternoon, it simmered all night and all day toady. I have just now finally finished up with all the clean up and stuff, giving me time now to sit and report.
The first thing I bottled this year was Zesty Tomato Soup. It turned out beautiful but the night I did that I was up super late and blogging about it was the last thing on my mind! I was just glad to get it done so I could go to bed that night!
I think the one bad thing about gardening is, that it seems that everything all comes on at once! I suppose that is really not a bad thing, because then it lets you share the spoils with others if you don't have enough time yourself to get it all done.
I have given away all of the zucchini that people will take and sent tomatoes home with several and even sent a cantaloupe or two to people that I know enjoy them like I do.
I did go out to the garden toady and found that even more things are ready, so it looks like I will not be slowing down for a while. Tomorrow I plan on making some salsa and some tomato veggie soup. Mmm Mmm good! Anyway that's all I have for now. I love having a garden!

2 comments:

Hethrjem said...

Someday I want to grow a garden as super cool as yours!

Anonymous said...

yummy stuff Jana!