Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Ok, just so it is known up front and foremost, I am not too fond of Mothers day. It is a day the mostly reminds me of the ways in which I have fallen short as a Mother. Ways in which I might have missed an opportunity to teach a lesson or show more love...you know, things along those lines.
This year, was just a low key version of Mothers day. One in which for the most part I actually relaxed a little bit and just let the day come as it may.
Going to hell for it or not, I didn't go to church to listen to everyone remind me how wonderful their Mom might be and I didn't spend a lot of time worrying about dinner and things of that nature. I did invite Chet's folks over for dinner, but I know that I worried more about cooking his Dads steak, right than I worried about anything for his Mom. (Everything turned out good)
Anyway, I was just super glad to have my family and my adopted girl here to spend time with and to laugh with. Such GOOD times. Laughing and just being plain silly. Laughing at nothing but everything at the same time.
Most especially, I am so grateful for the wonderful man whom I am blessed to get to share this crazy life with. Thank you so much Chet for putting up with me and all my mood swings and emotions. For all the temper tantrums and tear along the way. You really are the best! At least for me you are the best!
I LOVE MY LIFE!

1 comment:

mom&dad said...

My dear little daughter, You are a great Mom, I know we , always campare ourselves to everyone else and most often we come up short.. But I have learned over the few short years I have be on earth.. and that is , We are so muche better than we are ever willing to give ourselves credit for.. I wonder if the Lord isn't a little sad when he see's what we do to about the very goog thingd he bless us with and through.. Love Dad