Monday, January 31, 2011

Hummm...

Well, I finished my refresher manager training on Friday. I also had a job interview that very same day at 3 pm. I felt ok about the interview. As ok as one can feel when surrounded by all of the other people who were also applying for the very same job. At all of the other times I have ever applied there had been maybe one other person there. This time there were at least 6 or 7 other people there. All applying for one of two positions. Needless to say I did NOT get the job. However on a possibly positive note, I do get to start subing for managers who take more than just a few days off. Such as this next three weeks I will be filling in for another manager that will be filling in for a manager that will be filling in for another manager that is off for having knee surgery...Confused? So am I...sort of...
At any rate, I will be getting more hours than I would have otherwise. That is the good news. The bad news is that if I mess up it will be on someone else's head and I may never get a job after this.
It will be a good experience and will give me the opportunity to show then that I really do know what I am doing, and that I am capable of taking care of my own kitchen in a full time basis.
Learning is always a great opportunity! I hope I can learn much from this experience. I am grateful for the chance.

No comments: