Saturday, February 12, 2011

Made it...

Well, I made it through the first week of subbing for another manager. Was it fun? NO! Not in the slightest. Am I getting the hang of it? I certainly hope so!
Let me tell you this is one of the most stressful things I have ever undertaken! I am seriously wondering if it will be worth it in the long run.
I do know that I will probably tell them I don't want to sub for another manager again! Part of the thing that has been the hardest about going into the school that I am currently at, is that there was a woman in there for 4 weeks before I got there. She was just a manager in training like me, and let's just say that she was not the most organized person and she appeared to be the sort of person, that instead of saying "hey, I messed up", liked to pass the buck and blame it on the people who worked around her.
To let you know how the people (kids) at the school felt about her being gone... I had a group of kids approach me on the third day I was there, and ask me if she was going to be coming back to their school. When I told them no, that I would be there until the regular manager got back, they almost all shouted YAY!! Then one boy proceeded to tell me, that she was very mean and he thought that she had been sent there straight by "the Devil!" (he was a little black boy, can you hear the way he said this? Too cute)
Anyway, I don't know the woman personally, so I don't need to bash her. I will say that the day I met her, (so she could show me around the school before I got there to start work) she wasn't happy about not being able to stay there as the acting manager. She was politely rude, if there is such a thing?
Anyway, this week has been a very stressful week to say the least. There were several days when I was there much later than I was suppose to be there, and I donated at least 4 hours of time this week because I am not very good at figuring out the things that need to be done fast enough.
I am thinking that next week should be a better week, as what I got done this week was to cover most of the next up coming weeks.
WHEW! Are you as tired reading about this as I am from living it? I hope not....
It has given me a lot to think about, wondering if I am really willing to spend as much time at work as sometimes it is going to require of me to do. Not only that, It requires a LOT of sitting! I never really thought about how much I don't like to sit down! I am thinking about it now, because of how much time in one day I spent sitting at a desk doing computer work! I felt like Ford in the first grade, as I had to keep telling myself to sit on my pockets till I was finished. I am going to be doing a lot of pondering and praying about this over the next few weeks while I am there to determine if I think it is really what I want to do long term! Right now thinking about it, the only reason I am even thinking about it in the first place, is because it would be really nice to have the little bit of extra money that a manager gets paid. If, however,
they donate as much time as I did this week, then it is certainly not worth the money!
Hence the pondering and praying that I will be doing. I keep wondering if perhaps this is the reason I have, as of yet, not gotten one of the jobs I have applied for. Hummm???
At any rate it has been an interesting week if nothing else.
I look forward to a better week and hopefully smoother sailing for the remaining 2 or 3 weeks in which I will still be there. :)

1 comment: