Sunday, October 30, 2011

IF I thought.....

Wow!! If I thought that my last post had me thinking...that is really nothing compared to what I have been doing the last two weeks!
It is official! My daughter has become engaged! Oh, happy day right??? Well...maybe...maybe not.
At this point in time, I am, by no means, a good judge of someone else's feelings for another person! I mean, really...sometimes I look at people that are together and I wonder if they are really happy with each other???? ARE they??? I can look at me and Chet, and see how happy we are, and see all the things we have been through that have made us stronger as a couple, but when I look at someone else, from the outside...I have a hard time seeing them make it through the choice of what to have for dinner. Or better yet...WHO is going to do the dinner dishes!
Maybe not life altering thoughts, or choices, but ones that effect the way we live with each other, day to day, for certain! Some days with out even meaning to, one can take the smallest, most innocent, action or thought, mentioned out loud, the complete and totally opposite way in which it was intended!
After 23 years of married...life... I can honestly say that there are still days when I find myself flying off the handle for no real reason! These are the days that I think Chet is a saint!!!
ANYWAY!!! To get right to the point I am not at all sure these "kids" are ready at all to get married! Then again...I was a year younger when I married and look at me now! Better and stronger than most people thought possible! SO, maybe this is a good thing?
Really, only time can really tell. Whatever happens, I will be here for my girl, doing the very best I can to help her figure things out as we move through this thing called "life".

2 comments:

Kallie said...

I bet that would be so overwhelming to think about as a mother. But your right, she will have to figure it out on her own. I got married at 17, and there was no way I was ready. But through the ups and downs, we have learned so much and figured out "life". Good luck, I do not at all look forward to that day. But I know it will come sooner than I think. They grow up to fast....

Jana and Family said...

Indeed they do Kallie, and I wish them all the best! I will cheer them on, or help pick up the pieces. Either way.