Saturday, December 20, 2008

If you were wondering.

Just in case you were wondering how I came up with the name of my blog. This week pretty much summed it right up.
Let the list of madness begin. First this week, I slipped and fell on the ice at work. Got several bruises on my arm a stiff neck and back and smacked my head on the work van as I landed. Not fun. Then, Ford had his Choir concert on Tuesday, which Megan had to rearrange her work schedule to be able to attend, and I thought Chet was going to miss, because he was out of town working. (he ended up coming in about 2 minutes before the concert started! What a treat for ME and Ford). The NEXT day was Megan's combined orchestra, choir and band concert. I am not late to these things usually, and most of the time it wouldn't be any kind of deal, as there are always LOTS of seats empty. Well, NOT THIS TIME! I was late, only by about 8 minutes and still Ford and I ended up sitting in the nose bleed section of the auditorium. However, the concert was still really good. Megan's orchestra was the highlight of the concert for me! Oh, and at the end, all of the groups preformed at the same time! It was really neat. there are about 200 kids in the music program, all of them sang and played together. It was cool.
Now on to Thursday. Ford is suppose to have a band concert in the evening, but I get a text from Megan, while I was at work, asking me if Ford had really been suspended? I told her that the school hadn't called me about it and that I was SURE he was just teasing her to see what she would say. So..... I text Ford and asked him WHY?? was he teasing his sister? To which he replied with, "teasing her about what?" So back and forth it went. He told me he wasn't teasing, that he really got suspended, and good Mom that I am said........ I don't believe you! To which he shot back "ask Dad!!" (during which time I had already called Chet and found out all was true!) Boy, I stewed and worried and wondered what had happened and so on and so forth. How could he have gotten suspended and what was he going to do about his concert? I don't know if anyone knows how suspension works these days, but if you are suspended, you are not allowed on school grounds, it considered trespassing and they will press charges and expel you from said school.
I have sense decided it was a good thing that the school called Chet and not me about the suspension! I would have just had a melt down right then and there! As it was I found out about it, about an hour and a half before I got off work, and by the time I got home the mad had burned itself out.
It turns out he had called a kid a name, (which I told him would get him in trouble one day) it made the kid mad so he hit Ford in the back of the head, and Ford retaliated by pinching a pressure point on the kids neck. (could have been worse right?) Anyway, some pushing and shoving later they both ended up in the office and were BOTH suspended. Ford was told NOT to call names anymore and all was said and over with. He gets to go back to school after the Christmas break. I did have to call the school about his concert and get permission for him to be able to go, and then I had to be with him at all times while we were there. That has to be the fastest I have ever gotten out of a concert though.
WOW! What a week! Oh and I'm still not finished with my Christmas shopping! However, I am really close. Oh, wait..... so is Christmas!
Anyway, now you know a little of the panic and mayhem that I have going on in my life!
Though, truly, I really do LOVE my life! It is GOOD! Thanks to all of you for helping make my life so enjoyable!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Wow! What a week! Hope this week was a little better! I was so excited to be off work this week so I could finally get some shopping done, and I ended up with a terrible cold that wiped me out and then a case of nausea for a couple of days. Not fun!