Sunday, December 28, 2008

Weekend Adventure.


We left on Friday for a trip to St George. It started out more like a really scary adventure though. It had snowed most of Christmas and the roads the day after (at least around our house) were horrible! I am a somewhat cautious driver but snow doesn't usually scare me too much, but I have to say, I was truly half a mind to turn around and stay home. I was really looking froward to going to my parents house and to see my friend that moved to St George 2 years ago. So with Chet being ever so careful we continued on our journey. The farther into Salt Lake the worse the roads got. There were accidents and cars that had run into the cement wall all over the place. ( I hate the wall! It is not my friend!). We slowly made our way south, with Chet asking me what I wanted to do. Now that really wasn't a far question! I wanted to do both things! I was so nervous about the snow, but I really wanted to go to St George! We don't get to go there often enough. I told him we should get to Provo and see how the roads were there. When we got there, they weren't much better, but they were a little better so I told Chet we should go to Payson and see how things were. So we got back on the freeway and headed south yet again. The farther south we went, the better the roads got and by the time we got to Payson things were good so we were on our way! Thank goodness we made it in ok time and got to spend some time with my parents and then visited with my friend and her family. Including her son who went into the military last June and was home for a Christmas visit. It was so good to see everyone, I just wish we had more time to just hang out. This visit seemed a little rushed. I am so grateful for being able to visit at all though and that we were even able to get down and back safely. What a nice weekend adventure!
Thanks for the puzzle Mom, wish I could have helped more with it. This picture was off the deck at my parents house in St George! WOW, what a view. More snow than they usually ever have!

3 comments:

Kati said...

I'm glad you made it down and back safely - sorry the visit was so short! Sometime we'll have to all go down at the same time - that'd be a BLAST!!! Love ya!

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad you had a safe journey! Wow! That is a lot of snow on the mountains down there! How cold was it? I keep wishing I lived somewhere warmer with no snow on the roads!

Jana and Family said...

That would be really fun. But it needs to be warmer than it was this visit.