Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Icky sicky update...

The Parker house is down for the count. Megan and Ford have got mono. :(
This is the second time around for Megan, but a first for Ford. They gave them both a shot of steroid to help with the swelling in the glands and lymph nodes Let me tell you, that was NOT a pretty event. Both kids were ok as the shot was being administered, but with in seconds they were both boo hooing. Megan almost passed right out. Gave the nurse and me a good scare. The nurse actually told Ford "MOVE". As he was sitting on the examining table when Megan started to go out. They are usually so much more polite, but I don't think I would have been able to think polite in the same situation either.
They ended up both being ok after the shot but they are still sore in the arms that they got the shot in.
Keep my kids in your prayers please, this is not the way I was hoping to start out the last term of the year. I hope they will be able to catch up. I also hope that I won't kill them before they are well enough to go back to school!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I'm sorry to hear your kids both have mono. I was hoping the icky sickies had left your house by now so I could come visiting teaching. I haven't seen you around lately and miss you. Stupid bugs!!! Why do we have to get sick anyway?