Friday, March 26, 2010

Icky Sicky!

It's official! The icky sicky landed at my house yet again! Only this time it conquered me. Not only did I get sick, I got sick and have stayed sick! I have been sick now for over a week. Ford has also been sick, and what I thought might have been strep throat has now been upgraded to possible mono! Yay! Megan had mono once, and I don't think she ever really got over it. I am praying that it is not what Ford has. Another week and we should know for sure. If he is still sick on Monday then I will be able to take him in and have him tested. So I will be able to give those blood sucking Doctors more of the money I didn't earn this week while I was off work being sick!
Megan has had an upset stomach but nothing the Doctor felt was something he could do anything about.
Chet started in with whatever it is I have, but his only lasted like two days! He is still a bit congested, but nothing like I have been.
I said a while ago, that I was surprised that I didn't get sick before now, with the stress of life, but I guess I spoke too soon, and it finally caught up with me.
I just need to remember, that this too shall pass and I will be healthy in no time. Also, that it could be worse and I could have something that isn't going to go away anytime soon.
Plus (trying to find a positive side) I have lost 2 more pounds in a weeks time. If I keep that up I will be down to my 'dream' weight in no time at all. As it is I am 10 lbs away from where I want to be anyway. :) See so there can be a good side to being sick.

1 comment:

mom&dad said...

Jan, please get feeling better very soon.. I miss talking to your happy voice and self.. You are in my prayers always.. LoveDAD