Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Birthday Smirthday....

Well, another year has come around and went already. My birthday has also come and gone. This year it has led me to some contemplation however.
I was asked by one of my very closest friends, who said "I already know the answer to this, but I have to ask...do you feel any older?" To which I replied, "NO! In fact I feel if anything younger than I have in years! I am in better shape and I am healthier than I have been in probably ten years!" Which I a very accurate statement I think. Which lead me to thinking about WHY had I waited so long for my health and fitness and well being to become such an important part of my life. The only answer I could come up with was that I had simply gotten lazy and complacent. Life was going well and I was comfortable. Since that time I have spent the last two years trying to undo the damage I had done to myself both physically and mentally over the time I had spent being lazy. So NOT worth being lazy I have decided! I will never again look at myself in the mirror and because of a choice to be lazy wonder what I have let happen to myself! I lost a part of me during that time of laziness, and I am not sure I will ever get that back. I will for sure be growing in other ways that will help compensate for whatever it was that I lost though.
So this year I say Birthday Smirthday! Let them come, let them go! As long as I am healthy and taking the best care of myself that I can, it doesn't matter! :)

No comments: