Friday, January 13, 2012

Tweaked the attitude....

So, I went through the first week with a new manager in a funk. I was so dreading the next week, until Chet helped me out with a wake up talk. He basically told me that I had set myself up to have the bad week I had had by over thinking it, before it even began. I had kept saying how hard it was going to be, and how nervous I was, but then I would say it was going to be good and it would all work out fine. He said that anything positive I had put out had been defeated by all the negative stuff I was putting out too.
So, I decided this week, I was going to head into it with a totally different attitude. My new boss, although he could make life a bit difficult for me, he can't fire me himself, and though I may not like some of the changes he is making, I still have a job, that for the most part I like. I still work with a great group of ladies, and I serve some of the best kids! So I was determined to have a better week. I even told all of the ladies in the kitchen, that it was my intention to have a great week!
Not only was it a better week for me but the whole kitchen seemed to pull together more and we ran a little more smoothly than we had the previous week.
I know that attitude is everything, but I forgot how deeply attitude really goes. Thank you to Chet for giving me yet again a gentle reminder.
And here's hoping that we can all tweak the attitude a little for the better everyday. :)

No comments: