Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 27 Thanksgiving count down...

Today, I am SO grateful for the very incredible miracle of modern medicine and the amazing things they can accomplish!
I was thinking of so many of them as I sat in the waiting room today while Chet went through the surgery on his arm. His broken radius bone to be exact.
 I was thinking of all the things that the Dr. had said to us while seeing him in his office just two short days ago. Thinking how badly it had frightened me when he said they were going to have to replace the end of the bone! It really turned my stomach for a minute when I thought of that. Talking with him though, he made it sound as though it was just like an everyday sort of thing and that it really wasn't a big deal at all. In fact he would be going in the same as he would have were he just going to be screwing things back together!
The magic of pain medication! I can't imagine back in the days when they had none! Watching Chet today while they were trying to get his pain levels "managed". I have no idea how they managed without them! Seriously! And all the things in between that have gone on. From the initial X-ray to the first meeting with one Dr. and then the next. To going for MORE x-rays to the scheduling of the surgery, to the administering of the anesthetic, the the wheeling of Chet out the door. Then to the meeting with the Dr after the surgery where he told me it had all gone pretty much like he thought it would and that we would see him again in 5 days. Poof...Just like that....
The one thing that doesn't change is that the waiting is the worst part! However; I will wait for as long as it takes for Chet! Thank goodness the miracle of medicine has been able to continue to fix the things that he seems to continue to break! :)

No comments: