Sunday, December 25, 2011

T'was...

'Twas Christmas day evening and all through the house nothing was stirring not even a mouse! There was wrappings and boxes strung all through the house, and the tape and the bows hanging loosely about.
The kids have been here, and the kids have been there, leaving nothing to wonder except, beware of where now?
I in my sweats and pop in his undies had just settled in and said hey... lets get comfy...
When what on the door to my room did I hear??? (knock, knock, knock )Hey, guys are you decent? ummm, no not right now....Just give us one minute and then we'll be out... but now my times over and I start to pout!
My sadness was over in less than a flash! My son and his girl friend came to tell me at last, that things had all fit and the gifts had been grand! Nothing left to do but to smile and be glad!
One more line to my poem, I feel I must add! My daughter and her fiancee also were glad!
Now this poem I did write to remind me next year, when every things quiet, it is no time for tears! The love that is present will always be so, trough time and trough distance not matter I know!
SO Merry Christmas to you and your love-ed ones too! May there always be memories to see us all through!
Lame and perhaps a bit corny I know, but I couldn't get it out of my head!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :)

1 comment:

Accidental Photographer said...

I loved every word of it!!! :)