Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dec 23 2014

It might just be the little things. I have wondered for a few years now, why Christmas just isn't even close to what it use to be for me. The feeling leading up to the day, the earliness of the music and "sales" convincing us we need things we truly don't and may even honestly never use...I can honestly say, I have really felt like the Grinch the last couple of years. To the point that it was almost painful to even decorate.
It might just all be in my head, but if it is, there are a LOT of other folks that have mimicked some of my very same thoughts and feelings.

  This year...this year is different. Not really in a good way, but sort of. This year, we almost lost my Dad....
The thought of coming so close to losing half of  the very rock your foundation is built on, well...that sort of makes a body step back and re-think a few things....Service...it changes things.
I got to go out for my folks and do a bit of their shopping for them and try to tie up some loose ends. Try to make sure that the time I spent with them now, wasn't wasted or that I didn't regret not spending the time I when I had the chance.
Blessing came in the form that we get to keep my Dad here for the time being. I know none of us knows when our time will be, but selfishly, for all of us, I am glad we at the very least get one more Christmas :)
I love you Daddy, thank you for being a great teacher and a good example. And for always trying to learn and improve on being a parent! Your example is my goal. To always try to improve.
Merry Christmas to you and Mom and thank you for letting us come stay and try to help out a little.

No comments: