Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's over. (deep sigh)


Well, it's over. Thanksgiving has again, come and gone. For some, without much notice. For me however, I think this is the Holiday that means more and more to me every year.

I just think how much I have in life to be thankful for. I had the opportunity to Spend Thanksgiving in St George with my Mom & Dad and my friend April and her Family. As we were getting ready for dinner, Megan got a text from a friend of hers, asking if we were going to be around, and if he could could he come have dinner with us. His parents, have apparently had some kind of mid life crisis and left him, the youngest of 5 ( I think) with his older, not very responsible siblings, to move to Lake Powell. They did offer for him to move with them, but he wanted to stay here. I don't know all of the ins and outs of their family life, but just from what I have seen, it isn't very happy. Anyway, he was all alone on Thanksgiving Day, and didn't have anything much to eat.

As we sat around after dinner, I thought of how glad I am that I was raised by such an amazing family! How glad I am to have so many people around who care about me, and are thinking about me. (Thanks Kati for keeping an eye on our house while we were away) Thankful for good friends who encourage me to better myself, even when they don't know I have seen them being amazing. Thanks to my friend April for putting up with me for so long.

Such a simple thing, to have put me in such a reflective thought process, but I thought back to when I was 16/17, and the thought of having to spend the Holiday alone, let alone have to fend for myself as far as food! I know I am SO spoiled! Thanks to my parents for making sure that I never really wanted for anything. Especially the really important stuff, like teaching us the Gospel and making sure we knew that we were loved.

My gratitude list is so long I can't even begin, because I would run out of room to write it all. That would be the reason I have come to love Thanksgiving so much and every year I find that I have even more than I did the year before to be grateful for.

Thank you to all the amazing people that have an affect on my life.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love reading your blog. It is always so insightful and makes me grateful for my blessings. I hope Megan's friend found someone to have Thanksgiving dinner with.

Kati said...

You're welcome Jana! You know you are one of the biggest blessings in my life - and you were missed watching "Amazing Race" last night - Emelia asked when you were coming over! :) Too funny!