Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 14 Thanksgiving count down....

I am thankful for good news!
Today I had to go in and have the second mammogram in a a three week time period. Why one might ask...well, most must really know the answer already. The first test came back with an unknown mass. :( Very scary stuff! When they called me to tell me I needed more views taken I almost got sick.
With my Mom being a breast cancer survivor, when you get the call that they want you to come back, my first thought was immediately that I had cancer! Then after the initial shock wore off I started coming up with possible reasons why it wouldn't be cancer and everything was going to be just fine.
The girl that did my first screening had asked me if I had lost a lot of weight since my previous scan. I had and told her so. SHe said that she figured I had both from looking at the last scans and then trying to get my skin to lay flat while taking these most recent scans. She told me that there were a couple of places where she thought the skin might have folded over after being squeezed.
Well, that is exactly what had happened, and it had made a spot that they wanted to be certain about. So I went in today thinking that it would be days before I would find anything out. The girl took the scans then told me the scan reader would review them and they would let me know if everything was good or if I needed to set up an appointment for an ultra sound. (when she said that it really shook me up) But I waited as patiently as possible for her, and when she came in she had me step into the dressing room and she closed the door and told me everything looked fine, did I have any further questions for her? I did not so she said I was good to go till next year.
After she left the dressing room, I started to cry. I was so completely relieved. I just sat on the floor and cried for a couple of minutes before I pulled myself together got my things and left.
Chet I think was almost as relieved as I was. I did not tell my Mom or Dad as I didn't want them to worry about nothing, but I do want them to know they were in my thoughts the whole time!

No comments: