Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3 2014

Today I have been reminded how very grateful I am for cars! Automobiles! Modes of transportation.
We get so comfortable with what we have, that sometimes the only way we remember how very blessed and spoiled we are, is when something in the way we live everyday is disrupted.
Today I was reminded how quickly the ordinary can sometimes be taken away, and become even more desirable than it was before.

Let me explain just a little bit. Ford came home telling us that something had gone wrong with his car. He grabbed his dad and out they went to look and see what they could find the problem might be.
Long story short, he has lost a belt and it needs to go to the shop for repairing. I am glad it wasn't something major, especially since Ford hasn't even paid the car off yet! Not that it is ever a good time for a car to break, but when you're still paying for it, it seems to suck a little more, than if it were already paid for.

Anyway....it just got me thinking about, how blessed we are with all the modern conveniences that make our lives so much easier, and how much harder it would be to do some of the things we do without them. Especially now that it is getting cold! I can't imagine having to get places by walking or open wagon, COVERED wagon for that matter! We are just so blessed! In more ways than just cars, but that is the one I thought sof especially today.

No comments: