Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Goals....

As I am typing this out, I wonder how silly it might seem to someone else. I kind of still seems silly to me, but in all honesty it has been on my mind for the last couple of days...so it needs to be written down.

Today I am grateful for goals!
That's right...goals. Those simple little ideas that pop into your head, that kick you into action. Planning and coming up with ways to get from point A to point B successfully.
I am grateful for having things that I am working towards daily. For finding ways to improve myself. I am even grateful for failing! Because failing is simply another chance to start again, as long as I don't give up.
Four years ago I set a goal to get healthy and in better shape. This year I can proudly say that total I lost almost 50 pounds and have kept 40 of it off for the last 3 years. I am very active and just last month Ford ran his first race with me and it was my 4th!
My current fitness goal is to get back to eating as health as I had been (kinda been slacking in that area) and to get to where I can run a 10K without feeling like I am going to die! :)
I have many other goals that I chose not to share. I think most goals should remain personal. Only sharing them with the person/people closest to you, so that if you do fail, and at some point it is inevitable, there won't be someone out there secretly cheering that you flubbed up, and you won't feel so ashamed of yourself.
So part of this being grateful is I am also grateful to be setting a few new goals over these last few days! I am almost always up for a challenge, and some of these goals might just prove to be! Ready or not! :)

No comments: