Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sarcastically thankful, seriously!

Tonight I am being thankful in a seriously sarcastic way, but I am seriously thankful!
So let's get it right out there...I am SO thankful for the dentist! I love laying with the blood rushing into my head while my feet slowly get colder during the time I am tipped.
I love the way the pain shoots through my face when the dentist says "just a little pinch" as he sticks the needle into my gums, and I try to remain motionless in the chair so he doesn't accidentally stick me someplace unneccessary!
I love the time I have to lay there peacfully resting while waiting for the numb to take affect, all the while thinking of both the things I need to be doing,  and the things I would rather be doing besides laying the slightly inverted!
I love the sound of the drill chipping away at my teeth, and the splashing of the watter on my face while they drill. I love the burning smell the accompanies the drilling, and the blurred vision from the vibration eminating through my head from the drill...Oh, and let's not forget the suddne urge to need ot visit the restroom as soon as the dentist puts his hands in my face!
Last but not least, I LOVE feeling like my face is slowly melting off and not being able to drink anything or look like a normal person for the remainder of the afternoon, thanks to the numbing shot.

This comes from laying in the denstis chair this afternoon for almost 2 hours (45 minutes of that time was wait time).
I can honestly say that I really like my dentist...for being a dentist. And the chairs in the office are completely comfy! They even have built in massagers! They provide me with a blanket, because their office is ALWAYS too chilly for my bones! And they are extremely gentle with me (especially since they know I hate the dentist!)
I am very grateful for being able to take care of my teeth and hopefully keep them in good shape so I might have them long into my older adult life, as gumming food does not sound like an enjoyable endevour to me!
So, there, you see? Sarcastically serious, and thankfull to boot!

No comments: