Monday, November 11, 2013

That grand ole' flag...

Today, I am thankful for the beautiful flag posted out in my front yard by the boy scouts! That big beautiful flag flying in the grocery store parking lot that can almost always make me tear up!
I am grateful for that flag because of all of the things it represents. The freedom we enjoy in this place we call home, to come and go as we please, to worship as we please and even to disagree with our neighbor, friend or even the government!
I am so grateful for the brave men and women who serve or have served in the military, to ensure that the freedoms we are suppose to be able to enjoy will continue. I am sure not one of them signs up thinking that this will be the end for them, but it has got to be somewhere in their mind, that it is a possibility. Then still they sign up to go out and defend our way of life.
Everytime I see that beautiful flag, be it the little one hanging above my shed door in the back yard or the enormous one in the grocer parking lot, I LOVE that flag and everything it was ever suppose to stand for! And I pray daily that it will continue to stand for all of those things for a very long time to come!

No comments: