Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An adventure in hair

Ok, so I decided today, that I was wanting a change. I made an appointment to get my hair done, as this is the most simple and easy way to achieve a quick change.
Now that I have achieved this level of change however I am not sure that I am happy with it. First of all you must keep in mind that Chet likes blond hair. When I went in I asked for a dark all over color with highlights added. So they did a light color weaved into my hair before they added the dark all over color. As they were doing the light I thought it looked like it would be a good amount of light. Not to much... not to little....
Well, as you may or may not be able to tell from the photo, there is WAY too little light! Not to mention, I asked to go just a titch darker than my natural color. Ummmm....this is also way more than a titch darker!
It really doesn't matter, I am sure I will get use to it and it will always be able to grow out or be redone. My biggest issue with it is that I really want Chet to like it! I did send him a little picture I took with my phone and he says that he likes it from what he can see, but he knows that it worries me.
Funny after all this time that I am still so worried about making sure I try to look good for him. I guess when you stop caring about how you look for the one you love that is when you maybe need to examine where things are at for you both. I am glad that I still care and worry about looking nice for him.

Anyway, that is the total extent of what went on today. Getting ones hair done, as fun as it may be (from time to time) is a long and drawn out process and one I am glad I don't have to go through very often. Which is why my hair will be the color that it is (unless Chet hates it) for quite some time!
Till tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Kati said...

I think it looks great! Better than my new look of going completely gray! :) Love ya!

Kallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kallie said...

I love it, of course I like dark hair. Bryce likes my hair long, but is just isn't manageable for me. So sometimes we have to compromise. Why do guys seem to prefer their wife's to be blondes?

Mary Ann said...

I color my hair to match the color it is when it grows out, but amazingly enough, the dye fades over time and I am back to lighter hair. So I'm not sure which is my natural color, but I do know that no matter how permanent color says it is, it fades in just a few weeks, so you won't have to grow it all the way out before you're back to your original color. The blonde highlights will stay though, because they were bleached.

Hethrjem said...

Change is fun, isn't it? My hair has been every color imaginable. You spend a ton of money on a color only to have it fade within the week anyway.