Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Challenge

Ok, so I am going to see if I am up to the challenge Mary Ann sent out. I am going to try to see if I can find something to blog about everyday this month as it is Bolgger month. Ha, not sure there is that much going on in our life that needs to be blogged about, but here goes!

Today was the first day of my favorite month. For two reasons, first and foremost it is the month Chet was born. If you don't know how I feel about birthdays, I LOVE them if they are for people I cherish especially, because it gives an opportunity for me to celebrate the life of someone that has touched my life in some special way that only they would be able to do! So I get to celebrate his birthday. Yay!
Secondly it is the month of Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday in the whole year! This month is a time for me to reflect on all the many things that I have to be grateful for in my life. I think of this often anyway, but for some reason this month everything seems brought to the forefront of my mind. I think over times and things in my life that have changed me and helped me become a better person and the people and circumstances that also have helped shape my life. It helps me remember, even in times that are not so good, that though things might not be going well right now, sometime in the future I will look back at the things I have gone through and be thankful at least to some degree for the life lessons that were learned. Anyway these are the things that were on my mind today. Hooray for November!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Yay Jana! I'm glad you are joining the challenge! I have sorely neglected my blog lately and need this to jumpstart me again. I agree, November makes me think of gratitude and how I should be more grateful for all the things I do have.