Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another meet...

Today Ford had another swim meet. Before the meet began two students held up the flag and everyone sang the national anthem. Standing in the pool area listening to mostly teens and the few adults that were able to be there sing that song and hearing it echo off the walls, just gave me a thrill! I had goose bumps and my eyes teared up. I am so grateful to live in a country like we do. No it's not perfect, but it is SO good! Also to see the youth, those who are coming up behind us to pick up the pieces or to carry on what has been started, with their hands on their hearts singing along, was just touching to me! What a great way to start off a meet! They haven't done this at all of the meets I have gone to, but I was glad I got there in time to see it done at this one! (It was a home meet)
I also have to say that I was again so proud of Ford! They put him in an event that he didn't think he would even be able to finish, but not only did he finish, he did so very well, in my opinion.
I am glad that for being in a sport this is the one he ended up choosing. It has been so good for him, and it has been a lot of fun for me to watch!

No comments: