Thursday, November 26, 2009

Whew! Happy Turkey Day!


I bet the whole world heard my huge sigh of relief when the feasting was over at my house today!

First of all I really have to say that over all I really had a good time. I didn't take on the wholemeal like I have in the past so it was much easier to prepare for. (note to self, delegate!)

Also I had a lot of people here that were very willing to help and the kids are all getting old enough now that even when the feasting was over, there really wasn't much of a mess! I vacuumed and you might never have known that 25 people had all just been stuffing their faces in my family room.

There was a ton of food! Melinda (my sister in law) made orange rolls, yummy! My Mother in law baked a turkey and did the mashed potatoes and gravy (oh ya, and stove top stuffing). Cris (my brother in law) made baked Mac& cheese again, Yummy! I baked a turkey, made candies yams cheated and bought pies and rolls. Chet also deep fried a turkey! Next year I think we will only Deep fry! It comes out so much more moist! (and Chet can do that part! )

Anyway, after dinner my sister in law Wendy and I cleaned up the food and the kitchen while the others played a game. There were far too many bodies down there for my comfort, which is why I chose to do the dishes. Makes sense right?

It was also my nephews birthday today so after a while everyone headed over to play a game of ultimate ball at the church and then go celebrate Derek's birthday. I have to admit it was very quiet after they left, and very nice! I did get over before they got done and took some pictures. It looked like they had a really good time!

Round about the time we were settling into our normal routine here at the home front they all came home to just into bed so they can get up at an entirely unnatural hour (2 AM) and go shopping for the deals! All I can say, is better them than me! Let me SLEEP! 8AM will get here early enough as it is!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so grateful it is over for this year! :)

2 comments:

Kallie said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. I am with you on the early morning shopping. I have went I think twice, and only got the 1 thing that was a really good deal. Then I climb back into bed. This year there wasn't much worth going out for.

Anonymous said...

the turkey looks delish'