Thursday, November 5, 2009

Such fun!

There are days that are good day and there are days that just go by. Then you have days that are just such fun you would like to do them over again. Today was one of those days for me.

Of course it started out with work, which I can't honestly say was fun...but it wasn't bad either. I got done on time, and was on my way to have a drink with my very good friend Kim. We had so much fun talking that we sat at the cafe for two and a half hours! We laughed and giggled and just had an all around good time!
Afterwards, I came home to Megan because she said she was missing me. It is nice to be missed by someone that I sometimes wonder if she even likes me at all. We watched a movie together and just sat. Ford came home from swim practice about halfway through the movie and felt the need to be chatty, so we paused the movie for a little while. I love that my kids want to come home and talk to me about there day or whatever it is that is on their mind at the moment. If I have done one thing right with them it is making sure they feel like they can talk to me whenever about whatever!
Chet has been gone to Idaho for work since Tuesday and was on his way home today, I was just waiting for him to get here when he called me and told me that Kim and her hubby Greg had invited us to come over and have dinner and play games with them, if we were interested.
Megan and Ford didn't want to go so Chet and I went by ourselves and enjoyed an especially fun evening of French onion soup with Chicken kabobs and mushrooms. A fantastic salad! And turnovers for dessert. Followed by games, which made us laugh! I think that laughing was more fun than the game playing, but a good time was had either way!
When such fun is had it makes rolling out of bed worth it! Night all, work comes early in the AM.

No comments: